Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sin Fang Bous - Clangour (2008)

Sin Fang Bous is another group from Iceland, just more reason for me to get there someday. They came originally to be view because of my enjoyment of Benni Hemm Hemm, and my following of recommendations given to me (I have forgotten from whom, my bad). Whilst similarity betwixt the Icelandic artists exist, there are not the native language folk songs that Benni Hemm Hemm excels at on Clangour. Notwithstanding, there are some strikingly elegant tracks upon this album and recurring listens have only served to reinforce this notion. Sin Fang Bous is the name adopted for the solo work of Sindri Már Sigfússon, who is the head of Seabear, also a notable band. Plus one must admit that both his stage and real names are amazing. To my untrained ear I hear a likeness to Le Loup on several songs. Overall a highly agreeable release.

To be had here:
Sin Fang Bous - Clangour [256 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment