Thursday, December 24, 2009

City Center - City Center (2009)

Bumping around on the information superhighway I ran across a reference to this album. So as I find myself doing often I looked it up. Imagine how surprised I was to find the famous Michigander, Fred Thomas, is a member of this duo. Yes, the same Fred Thomas of Saturdays Looks Good to Me, Lovesick, and Flashpapr renown. Of course, just as those projects were of different styles so to is City Center. He's paired with is buddy from SLGTM, Ryan Howard, who also made music in a band called Canada. I was a bit saddened to see they're basing this latest endeavor out of New York City, but that's mostly jealously that I haven't gotten out of Detroit yet. The music is excellent though; makes up for any minor geographic disappointment. Basically, if you listened to anything Fred Thomas as done, then imagine if he was going for electronic and experimental instead of whatever. It is more than just a novelty and I've already given it a few listens in the last week. Merry Christmas Eve if you're into that sort of thing.

To be had here:
City Center - City Center [256 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment