Monday, December 28, 2009

Matrix Metals - Flamingo Breeze (2009)

I suppose this is an EP, comprised of three songs. Two of them are longer ones, as you may know I fancy. The theme Matrix Metals is going for is something between retro mash-up and psychedelic gamewave dance music. It has perhaps the strangest tag on last.fm I've ever seen, "80s hawaiian pi vhs flickering through sega genesis circuits." Nonetheless, it seems rather more accurate than anything my feebleminded self can conjure up. The most fundamental concept I feel transferred through Flamingo Breeze is radical excitement. Excitement for how funny the past was, that today can be, and how amazing sounds are. And yes, the shape of the album art is oblong because it is meant for a cassette tape.

To be had here:
Matrix Metals - Flamingo Breeze [192 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment