Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ganglians - Woodsist (2009)

Woodsits is undoubtedly one of my favorite releases of the year. It is really everything I was looking for in an album right now. Encompassing slow, psychedelic, sparely instrumented tracks as well as garage-noise-drone ones it switches between exciting and memorizing in equal capacity throughout the all to brief album. If this sounds like high praise that is because it is. I really liked this shit. I mean fuck damn. These fellas have something that too many bands overlook or fail to do well, utilize a variety of instruments and styles in a seamless fashion. I'm gonna keep the post short for I am planning to write a few and there's no need to make myself tiresome yet. Be sure to get this one, even if I do tend towards lavishing admiration (it is a blog of music I like after all).

To be had here:
Ganglians - Woodsist [224 VBR kbps]

3 comments: