Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chico Buarque - Chico Buarque de Hollanda, Vol. 3 & Vol. 4

Posting is hard without internet at home. Making the time isn't as easy as I thought it'd be, so bear with slow posts until I figure out a rhythm or breakdown and spend money I don't have on internet. Beyond the shitstack, I have still be listening to a bunch Brazilian music still. I can't be helped I guess. Chico Buarque was a real ladies man character that made music less outrageous than his contemporaries such as Os Mutantes, Caeteno Veloso, and the others I've posted here. However, he was fucking good at what he did and I have really liked listening to him in my spartan apartment. Technically his work has already been on the blog as he wrote some of the songs that appeared on Nara Leão's 1968 album that was recently posted. It isn't Tropicalia, certainly is some fine MPB and samba though.

To be had here:





Chico Buarque de Hollanda, Vol. 3










Chico Buarque de Hollanda, Vol. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment