Thursday, September 29, 2011

LVL UP - SPACE BROTHERS (2011)

LVL UP had previously sent me a singles release, and this is the following full-length album. It is lo-fi rock that makes me think of the lackluster bands that grew up hearing in my hometown, if they weren't so obsessed in making emo-like teenage bullshit or poorly conceived metal. These guys have just enough angst in their lyrics and style that I can get behind it. Nothing is overwhelming the fact that they are basically a rock band, and their able to slow up what they're doing to show that off. I've been digging tracks like "Topsider" and "Rotten Ones" both for how well they're done and that they're nothing more than that. Sorry, if my writing seems off, but I wrote these while experiencing a fever, but what I am saying about LVL UP is that these cats are cool.

To be had here;
LVL UP - SPACE BROTHERS

2 comments:

  1. i don't want to pay 999$

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this album cost anything, you just need to put in $0 for the price you'll pay and download it for free if you're cheap. Naturally, I am sure they'd like you to pass word on if you like it.

    ReplyDelete