Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Peaking Lights - 936 (2011)

Can't believe I missed this album coming out. Then again tons of shit slips right by me. So thanks to Somatose for posting this one up, for I adore Peaking Lights. Listened to this album for the first time right after yesterday's posted band, Treasure Hunt, and I was surprised how similar in mood they were. Lightly droning, ethereal vocals, and echoing cords make quite close. Perhaps naturally enough as they're both lo-fi electronic music. However, this is a shift from Imaginary Falcons, which I posted about just after my old car's windows got bust out in this city I still perplexing live in. 936 isn't as darkly droning. Not really upbeat, except perhaps "Birds Of Paradise Dub Version," but as a whole more psychedelic and otherworldly. I also shared their EP released between the albums, Space Primitive, if you wanna grab that.

To be had here:
Peaking Lights - 936 [192 kbps]

1 comment:

  1. The weight of these light boards is also far less
    than it usually is for the ballasts and other equipment that goes along with MH
    and HPS lighting. The focusing elements of LED Grow Light can be built right into the
    devices, so there isn't the need for that additional equipment, either.

    ReplyDelete