Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Immortal Bird - Akrasia (2013)

Thanksgiving, it's a day... that's for sure. While I usually get the cuddly cozies on such days, the past 4 weeks has given a shit-ton of ugliness in my personal life and in the world at large. So, instead of posting some cozy lo-fi folk or yet another garage band, and in the spirit of honoring the bird corpse sitting in front of our drooling maws, I bring you the blistering sounds of Immortal Bird.

Black metal melodics with grindcore blast beats -- sounds that resonate with me at the moment. For better or worse, devoted readers, expect more of the heavy stuff to come. I haven't listened to much heavy metal in the past 20 years or so, so I'm in the weeds here as far as what other bands they sound like. Their drummer/vocalist Rae Amitay is just a fantastic musician, as are the others in the group. Music like this is best enjoyed live... but until I scour the Portland scene for the best hardcore/punk/metal bands... I will have to fantasize being at one of this Chicago bands shows.

I've been converted... maybe these 4 songs will convert you as well. Check out "Spitting Teeth", a particularly excellent track.

All their merch and music is 25% off until this Saturday, November 28th, with the code: THANKSFORNOTHING

Immortal Bird - Akrasia

No comments:

Post a Comment