Wednesday, July 21, 2010

C.W. Stoneking - Jungle Blues (2008)

Found this album on a blog I don't subscribe to, this I've already forgotten its name and for that I apologize. A funny thing about this album is that I automatically wanted to give it to my father, but then I remembered he uses CDs or whatever and I haven't touched those in years. Maybe he'll lucky if I feel sufficiently nostalgic from the retrospective mood of C.W. Stoneking's style of music. He was born and raised in Australia but has American parents, so an enthusiasm for American genres of folk and blues maybe traveled with them across the Pacific. If haven't pieced it together yet, he plays folk song that are purposefully designed to sound like they far older than they actually are. Reminds me of Woody Guthrie and Bo Carter in the sort of self-aware comedic feeling in his singing. The whole thing seems like it could have been conceived of as a soundtrack yet better because it isn't one. To put it briefly, it is like a stroll through a past you never lived.

To be had here:
C.W. Stoneking - Jungle Blues [320 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment