Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CFCF - Continent (2009) & Drifts (2010)

I haven't any inkling how popular this guy actually is, but I get the sense that he is gotten his name out there rather well. CFCF is the pseudonym of one Michael Silver from the great city of Montreal. These releases are not like much of the previous stuff I have posted, but it is good to mix it up with some modern electronic shit now and then. In all honestly what provoked me into sharing this was his Drifts EP wherein he remixed several bands I am familiar with, including Young Galaxy and the previously posted Memoryhouse. I'm far from sufficiently versed in electronic music to really provide a truly meaningful analysis here, but let's leave it with me telling you I enjoyed hearing them and they're rather unique from my past experience with random electronic musicians.

To be had here:




Continent [192 kbps]












Drifts [256 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment