Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Original Surfaris - Bombora! (1963 [1995])

It's been a month since I've posted anything, and for that all I can say is that I was working a graveyard shift and fucked up me royally. Lost all drive for such pursuits as blogs or scrounging the internet for righteous tunes. Truth be told I've been listening mostly to the stuff I posted over the couple of months and some shit that is too obvious for even me to post, basically: Beach Boys, Black Sabbath, and David Bowie. Then and again I found myself listening to this old gem, Bombora!, and was shocked to realize I'd never posted it before. The general outline you might wanna know is that this band was called the Surfaris, just like the more famous group that also used the name, but upon hearing for this successful rivals renamed themselves the Original Surfaris. I think there were legal complications somewhere, not important. What matters is that they've become unjustifiably overshadowed as they made some of the most fantastic classic surf rock numbers I've ever heard. The title track and "Surfari" are normally cited as the hits of this album, but my personal fancy tends toward "Surf Angel" which is a bit of a slower song. Something to get if you've never been exposed to, sorry about the low bit rate I got then when I was like 15 and hard drives were tiny.

To be had here:
The Original Surfaris - Bombora!

P.S.
I've gotten many bands and solo artists sending me their albums hoping I'll post them. I am hoping to put some up, but I don't want to do it all the time because then this will feel like a job, which I am not too fond of. However, if you wanna try to see if I'll like it you should prolly give me a whole album or EP, not a single, I almost never listen to those. Also, be okay with it being given out for free, I won't go to your myspace, and maybe tell where you're from. Sorry about being an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment