Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The White Stripes - The White Stripes (1999)

After De Stijl, this is my favourite White Stripes album. Had a massive influence on me and my taste in music while growing up. For some reason the strongest memory I have of this album is loading the CD (remember those?) into my Xbox and playing it over the car radio in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Explosive, propulsive raw garage rock. An essential listen, in my books.
I'm passing out and exhausted from school and practicing for a show I have coming up this Friday so I'm just gonna Wikipedia it from here, all apologies:

"Jack White's voice is a singular, evocative combination of punk, metal, blues, and backwoods while his guitar work is grand and banging with just enough lyrical touches of slide and subtle solo work... Meg White balances out the fretwork and the fretting with methodical, spare, and booming cymbal, bass drum, and snare... All D.I.Y. punk-country-blues-metal singer/songwriting duos should sound this good."

DOWNLOAD: The White Stripes - The White Stripes

2 comments:

  1. Best band in a long while. Here is my opinion of them:
    http://goodnewsmusicreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/standing-strong-for-blues-white-stripes.html

    ReplyDelete