Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Sky Drops - Clouds of People (2006)

I honestly cannot recall if I got these guys off of soulseek or if I found that traversing the blogosphere, so if they seem familiar I make no claims at uniqueness. What I am sure of is that they makes some damned fine music that is a very much reminiscent of Elephant 6 pop but without being a molded copy unworthy of play. While making sounds in Delaware of all places, The Sky Drops makes use of a something close to the wall of sound that shoegazers so masterfully employ. The vocals are harmonious and the mood is jovial. Nice afternoon listening material before diving into the heavy work load of my college courses. As this is an EP it is quickly heard and easily replayable.

To be had here:
The Sky Drops - Clouds of People [192 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment