Monday, October 28, 2013

EP Grab Bag vol. 44

Been too long since I posted up a Grab Bag. Found work here in Connecticut hence the lack of consistent posting, but be assured by the fact I'll likely be bitching about my new jobs here when I get to it so same old same old. Moreover, I was really bummed out to hear Lou Reed died so I have been listening to his music and all the submissions I can fit in lately to make up for my un discilpined music attention as of late. Here is what I have culled out of the submissions and sorry for being such a fucking deadbeat about this blog.

To be had here:

Yosa Buson - Black Sessions 1 & Black Sessions 2 (2013)

Here is a short collection of psychedelic tracks done by a group of experimental California-based musicians, including our very own Elvis Dracula. Nepotism, sure, but also it is really some damned righteous music. Besides by now you all should know to trust anything and everything that Elvis touches. It gets out there, best listened to with a beer and nothing on the mind but the music if you want my opinion. Lose yourself, what else have you got going for you if not fine, free tunes? These are sessions one and two and there should be a third coming to make for a group of EPs that'll become a cassette that you should keep an eye out for.



Shaky Shrines - Shaky Shrines (2013)

A debut EP by Pittsburgh's Shaky Shrines. Five droning psychedelic songs that feature some rather amazing guitar, dreamy singing and solid percussion. Basically, I am saying I like the way these guys play and I must've listened to this EP a half dozen times the day I downloaded it. Hopefully there is more to come from this band.





Coyotes In the Room - Preach (2013)

More music from the ultra-prolific Coyotes In the Room. They seem to be putting out something all the time, not that I am complaining as I have been a fan of each release. If you've liked the prior albums at all this'll be a good treat, as it keeps the fuzzy, folk/psychedelic rock mood. Subtle yet addictively done, if I may add. Additionally, the final track is a premium cover of Ace of Base's "I Saw the Sun." How much could one hope for?



No comments:

Post a Comment