Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele - The Good Feeling Music of Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele (2009)

A good friend of mine and I all too infrequently are allowed to actually meet in person. In the few times a year this happens we normally spend half of it giving one another music. This is one the albums that he recommended and therefore gave to me. After shelving the album for an undue amount of time, I finally got to checking it out. I saw his picture on the cover and was really hoping that what he lacked in good looks he made up for in talent. He chiefly does so, with my focus lying on his deep, mesmerizing voice. Although billing the ukulele overtly the music doesn't hinge on the lone instrument to the determent of the overall performance. The pop songs are well rounded with my favorites being "You Can't Force A Dance Party" and "Oh, Paris!" The album isn't anything earthshaking, but the comparisons to Stephin Merritt are apt and justified and that alone makes it worth a spin.

To be had here:
The Good Feeling Music of Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele [160 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment