Sunday, November 28, 2010

Joose Keskitalo - Tule minun luokseni, kulta (2009)

It is been a hot minute since I've posted any Finnish music on old Spacerockmountain. The drought ends today with the excellent folk musics of Joose Keskitalo. I have technically posted him before, but that was in the band Paavoharju. Similarly to Paavoharju the songs are titled and sung in Finnish which means I cannot provide the perspective that on the music that one who understood the lyrics might. Nonetheless, I find Tule minun luokseni, kulta an utterly charming album. My best why to describe it is a collection of mellow, somewhat psychedelic, folk tunes that reminds me of Hala Strana, Noah Georgeson and his fellow Finn, Islaja. However, the Finnish singing and the low fidelity of the recording brings to be particular strong connection to Vladimir Vysotsky, though he sang in Russian and most likely about subjects completely different, for to these dummy ears are judging them in the superficial manner. Sorry about the low bit rate, but I decided to share it sooner rather than let myself forget it waiting to find better.

To be had here:
Joose Keskitalo - Tule minun luokseni, kulta [128 VBR kbps]

1 comment:

  1. "Tule minun luokseni, kulta" is "Come Back to Mine, Golden" and the title track is about taking a lady home to cut her up and eat her as you are starving (Nälkäinen)!
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete