Friday, January 1, 2010

Paavoharju

I'll admit that I'm late to the party on this one, but I only recently downloaded and found the incredible joys of Paavoharju. This is another Finnish band and if you are one that finds happiness in Kemialliset Ystävät or Islaja then this is right up your alley. Dreamy, ethereal, folksy and sample-laden throughout both of these albums, Paavoharju sucks a listener into a strange musical land. The Finnish lyrics heard on some tracks are bewitching, despite being utterly understandable to a fool like me. The variety and skill at instrumentation is amazing and I must press the issue that you should download this if you haven't heard them already. I have been getting more into other Finnish acts lately and you should hopefully see a string of them be posted on the blog once I get some time to relax and digest of the recent downloads I have.

To be had here:




Yhä Hämärää [192 kbps] (2005)













Laulu Laakson Kukista [160 VBR kbps] (2008)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Finland!

    I like your enthusiasm for our music! I just want to remind everyone - while it is impossible and pointless to fight illegal downloads - that you could give few pennies to the artists and labels you like.

    If you love Paavoharju please head to this address: http://diogenes.greedbag.com/paavoharju/

    we are still keeping the "3 for 2" xmas offer, so with just a tenner you can get home almost all paavoharju's albums AND give 'em some coins so they can keep making great music!

    Of course for the lovers of physical products, fonal.com is the place you need to visit!

    cheers

    Enrico
    www.diogenesmusic.com

    ReplyDelete