Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Black Dice - Repo (2009)

Oh boy, how could I have missed this release? Somehow it never registered with me that Black Dice must've had new something out, and I am entirely sure one of the numerous bloggers I follow posted this album at sometime. Notwithstanding, I just downloaded and gave this album a good whirl. The style is very much similar to the earlier albums of the band, or as AllMusic aptly put it "as engaging and deranged as ever..." and that's nothing to scoff at. Repo is a great name for the album as it sounds like they took sound bites and melodies then shred them up and reconstituted it all as something remarkably fun to hear. If I had to pick a favorite song it'd be the cutely titled "Chicken Shit" but don't take my word for that. Anyhow, I think this band has been thoroughly enough spread about that you should know if you like their brand of electro-noise sensationalism.

To be had here:
Black Dice - Repo [224 VBR kbps]

2 comments:

  1. no offense, but this is about as different from their early albums as one could possibly get...slap on a copy of 'lambs like fruit' and try to imagine how they morphed from being the most extreme and unhinged abstract hardcore band out there to this extraterrestrial am radio collage 3rd world brilliance....i'd love to see someone make sense of that decade long evolution's narrative. i'm guessing pot was involved somewhere along the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get where you're coming from, it was a much more intense band when it began but rarely do we see a band maintain that level of intensity while maintaining any relevancy. I think they just honed their sound over time and also didn't want to repeat themselves.

    ReplyDelete