Friday, July 25, 2008

Awesome Color - Awesome Color (2006)

I've noticed that when I discover there is a new album by a band I like I end up sharing the album that made me want the new release here first. I guess I want you to take it all in under the same order as myself. In any case I will likely follow this up sooner or later with the new album by Awesome Color but just bear with me or find the new one yourself. Awesome Color is a three-piece band made up of three lucky Michiganders who managed to escape the death trap that the mitten is to the grand city of New York. Musically they feel like the offspring of the MC5 and Stooges style of hard rock and punk attitude that Detroit has come to embrace in some circles. As punk rockers they also partake in the use of "Awesome" as their surname in stage names, but their real names aren't hard to find. The guitar is full of riffs and the bass is extremely fuzzed-out. There is squealing horns that give some tracks a nice boost of sound range. I wouldn't necessarily call what Awesome Color does noise rock, but it has enough of it in there that it is able to give a fresh impact to the New York City punk that has been dwindling in recent years. They're certainly gritty, but not sleazy, something I find respectable. Probably nothing Earth-shaking here, but I thought that were pretty sweet and I really loved the album art.

To be had here (192 kbps):
Awesome Color - Awesome Color

No comments:

Post a Comment