Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nate Henricks - Horse Carrot//Lemonade Guarantee (2011)

A submitted album from Denver. Nate Henricks has made some bizarre psychedelic pop music. It really has that charming bedroom pop vibe, a mixture of acoustic guitar, garageband effects, sampling and sweet-sounding vocals. The album reminds me of Pill Wonder, Leafes and Lou Breed, which is a backward way of saying it has Elephant 6 psychpop features as well. While I can listen to many types of music for days of end, really only lo-fi garage rock and this kind of strange pop have the ability to cheer me up in any real way. The simplistic nature but fullness of sound are held in common between them and I bet is what I fancy. Nate Henricks has made a release that I'll surely be adding to my rotation of music to hear on otherwise boring days to improve my mood. What more could one ask for from musicians?

To be had here:
Nate Henricks - Horse Carrot//Lemonade Guarantee

No comments:

Post a Comment