Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ScotDrakula - CRACKSTRENGTH (2011)

A garage rock submission, think from Australia if their tag is to be thought creditable, which caught my eye with the really spiffy album art and the wild title. However, things pretty to the eye don't keep me listening, the quality of the music does as you'd imagine. The songs are fine examples of garage rock that's intense, quick yet oddly sedated and soulful at the same time. Seems like there's some country-esque twang to be found in here as well. The contrast makes the album wonderfully quick to get into and easily reheard. I through it on my iPod soon as I got a listen. The sediments I expressed about the Revelators could just as aptly describe how I feel about ScotDrakula, just the sort of lo-fi garage I crave.

To be had here:
ScotDrakula - CRACKSTRENGTH

No comments:

Post a Comment