Thursday, April 7, 2011

Silver Bullets - Free Radical (2009)

Wish I'd gotten my hands on this sooner. Holy shit is this fantastic. If you liked the King Blood I was wild about then you'll like this for sure, and if you somehow oversaw that post, welcome. Silver Bullets is lo-fi, noise-riddled, kraut, sludge psych-rock. In the best possible way. Bombards the ears with sonic waves that pull you out to some cosmic sea in your very mind. This is the sort of shit I love to listen to as soon as I wake up, hungover or sober, and have to get focused by losing myself. Not sure if that makes terribly much sense, but it is the best way I can describe it. Gets me worked up, this sort of well-done drone/noise. I wish I knew more about the artist but the best I can seek out is Silver Bullets is the music of a friend of William Giacchi of Super Minerals and Magic Latern that made this curious album in Sicily. As I mentioned, if you liked King Blood, as well Peaking Lights or Topaz Rags for that matter, then you'll find this to be rather amazing.

To be had here:
Silver Bullets - Free Radical [256 kbps]

1 comment:

  1. i love this album. great choice bro!

    edo
    knowyourconjurer.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete