Friday, December 10, 2010

Harmaa Getto - Suomimorsiamen pyhä tie (2009)

This shit is damned spooky. Harmaa Getto is a Finnish electronic rock and hip hop band that features the recently shared musician Joose Keskitalo. I ran across this band when I found his music but put off downloading and listening to it for a bit as I didn't really know what to make of the idea Finnish hip hop. Truth be told, listening to it doesn't really make it any easier to figure out. However, if you're willing to suspend that feeling that something is wildly out of place with the general conceit of this project, you may find it quite enjoyable. There have been crazy mash-upped and blended styles in the past that have done remarkably well like Matisyahu's Jewish reggae/hip hop. I should note that music is pretty disincentive from any references I might make. It really needs to be heard to even being to understand, and the massive eccentricity from song to song makes it even harder to get a bead on. I think Harmaa Getto falls somewhere between novelty and innovation, but certainly the uniqueness alone was enough to provoke my interest

To be had here:
Harmaa Getto - Suomimorsiamen pyhä tie [192 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment