Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shannon and the Clams - I Wanna Go Home (2009)

More lo-fi for my sorely abused brain. I think I overdid it just a bit in my celebrations after finishing my final exam and thus clearing the road for graduation from Wayne State. Anyhow, what is important is that this really lo-fi garage sound is doing wonders by allowing me to ignore my hangover. Shannon and the Clams is a garage band from Oakland, California who've good a mess of good influence in the music they're making. You know from stuff like The Beach Boys and The Shangri- La’s to Nobunny and the Mummies. I'm digging the rough but sweet singing of Shannon's singing, she can belt out some good shouts. I Wanna Go Home is overall a pretty solid, if not mind-blowing garage rock album. What this band has going is a good hold on the 1960s garage rock sound that will be familiar to anyone that's heard Nuggets compilations or History of Michigan garage bands I posted awhile ago. A good addition to a rotation of such things, this is for sure.

To be had here:
Shannon and the Clams - I Wanna Go Home [192 VBR kbps]

4 comments:

  1. This is definitely growing on me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there a way you can email this album to me? Nico.daunt@gmail.com

    the link isn't working

    ReplyDelete