Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Revelators - Kill The Revelators (2011)

This is the unofficial album of Cape Town, South Africa's The Revelators. Recorded at the time the band knew they'd be breaking up it is likely all there'll be from them. Luckily, the bassist, Heino Retief, decided to share it with us. The Revelators are a garage rock band that has that raw, lo-fi punk-inspired sound of the Spaceshits, Oblivions, or Epsilons. Most of the songs feature some rather howling vocals, but there are two instrumental covers that stuck me as particularly good choices: the often redone "Jack the Ripper" and amazingly Dick Dale's "Let's Go Trippin'" which is one of my favorites as done by the Beach Boys. I've listened to it several times over, especially during what has become my favorite time for garage rock, bicycling to and from work. Since was done up as an official release there's no real album art, but Heino sent me in this picture to serve as one. I hope you all enjoy it as I have. Thanks to Heino for some corrections for mistakes I made in my haste to post something before this computer's battery died.

To be had here:
The Revelators - Kill The Revelators [320 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment