Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grandpa Was A Lion - Seven Songs (2011)

I suppose this works as a full-length release by Grandpa Was A Lion, which is really just the moniker of Justin D'Onofrio. He compares his music to "Bon Iver, David Bazan, Elliot Smith and Julian Lynch" but since expect Smith I haven't fuck all in experience listening to those cats I'll leave it up to you to decide what to do with the info. What I do know is that his stuff is chill, really low-key. This isn't to say that it's not provoking or worthwhile, especially if you're looking for something more ambient. This is some sweetly sung, glo-fi/dreamy pop. Lastly, unlike the previous EP I posted by this artist, this isn't a free release, but is only a small sum of $5 via bandcamp.

To be had here:
Grandpa Was A Lion - Seven Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment