Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Super Furry Animals colossal post

My friend called me the other night as said he's got a British professor that liked to talk about music throughout class. Too bad none of my classes are like that, eh. Anyhow as he is a British fella he hasn't any good reason not to know of the Super Furry Animals and their long-lived exploits. So as per my friend's request here are all of the SFA releases I possess. Since they've been around for a bit now and they don't shy away from a variety of influences the band as been identified in many genres and movements through their career. In essence I think of them as a neo-psychedelia group, as in they're of a later generation of fine psych rock. SFA were at the forefront of an emergence of Welsh bands in the 90s when Fuzzy Logic was released. It was assembled as Ffa Coffi Pawb disbanded. Drummer Dafydd Ieuan and lead vocalist/guitarist Gruff Rhys gathered the remained members and formed SFA and pumped out consistent albums ever since. Other than their break through debut in Fuzzy Logic, they produced some great albums over the years of which one of my favorites is Mwng. This is because it is sung fully in Welsh, this also applies for the early EPs Moog Droog and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyndrobwllantysiliogogogochynygofod (in Space). Something that should never been attempted to be spoken aloud. Although they've been doing this for a long time and some bands become less potent with the extended releasing of material, SFA has held their own rather well (unlike Of Montreal in my opinion). Some albums are better than other, alas there are more qualified persons than me to point out which is which. Nonetheless, certainly there isn't a bad one. I don't have every single/EP they've come out with, but I do have three that don't feature material on the full-length albums. I apologize for the shitty bit rates on some of these, I have had them from a really fucking long time and never got higher quality ones.

To be had here:



Fuzzy Logic (1996) [160 kbps]









Radiator (1997) [160 kbps]









Guerrilla (1999) [128 kbps]









Mwng (2000) [192 kbps]









Rings Around the World (2001) [160 kbps]








Phantom Power (2003) [192 kbps]








Love Craft (2005) [128 kbps]










Hey Venus! (2007) [192 VBR kbps]









Dark Days/Light Years (2009) [320 kbps]








Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyndrobwllantysiliogogogochynygofod (in space) EP (1995) [192 kbps]







Moog Droog (1995) [192 kbps]









Ice Hockey Hair (1998) [128 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment