Saturday, January 2, 2010

Skyramps - Days of Thunder (2009)

Typing up this post on New Years Day in the back seat of a conversion van laden with my worldly possessions. Moving yet again and dropping off all my shit at my folks' place. Why I own shit that I never get to use is beyond my ability to reason. However, the trip is slow going as the transmission on the van is a bit fucked up. What is nice about this long drive is that I am not piloting the automobile and I can just listen to some fine music. At the moment it is Skyramps on my iPhone. Days of Thunder is only a four song release but its tracks are long enough to almost be a full album. The style is somewhere between Topaz Rags and Shogun Kunitoki being a bit trance inducing while heavily based on electronic sounds. It took a second listen but it has grown tremendously on me over the last few weeks. The relaxing power in Skyramps' music has been of great benefit to me in this most tumultuous season.

To be had here:
Skyramps - Days of Thunder [320 kbps]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this bro. Lovin this at the moment. Great blog too. Don't know how I used to discover music back in the old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I want a physical copy, but only 75 were pressed. Can't find this anywhere.

    ReplyDelete