Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dance Disaster Movement

Brash, that is how they sound, and I'm going to guess that's how they live their lives. Dance Disaster Movement (sometimes merely DDM) was kicking around a few years ago; I haven't a clue as to what they're doing now to be perfectly honest. As always lack of information or any degree of responsibility is not needed for me to share these songs. The duo that makes up this group liked to run about clad in white and one of them was ballsy enough to go by Kevin Disco (really Kevein Litrow), the other was the less strangely named Matt Howze. The music is a stimulating blend of garage punk with electronic dance to create a howling, beat-laden, post-punk-like product. Only one true album came out of this sonic, disco-tainted pilgrimage: We Are From Nowhere. Stuff like this got big a few years back and then it seems to have winded down considerably. I, for one, don't see why as I like people making asses of themselves for my musical pleasure. Luckily there was a follow-up EP called Snow on the TV so we can ween a bit more fun out of this experiment. Highly reminiscent of LCD Soundsystem and The Rapture.

To be had here:



We Are From Nowhere (2003) [192 kbps]











Snow on the TV (2005) [192 kbps]

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I saw these guys bout 4 years ago in Portland, they opened for Peaches and I was just expecting more fruit. They were great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete