Monday, September 22, 2008

Benni Hemm Hemm

This semester is kicking my ass, so I'm posting when I can justify the time it takes away from my studies. I've been planning on this post for several days, but I was waiting for my Swede spree to end, for the lovely band Benni Hemm Hemm is Icelandic. I first heard them when their self-titled came out but I didn't pay too close attention, and since then have gone back and discovered for myself how wonderful the music they have made truly is. More or less music is the product of band leader and song-writer Benedikt Hermann Hermannsson. They have a well-balanced mixture of both English and Icelandic sung tracks within their discography. Benni Hemm Hemm features the hilariously pleasing song "I Can Love You In A Wheelchair Baby" which I still can't understand how I overlooked at first. From 2007 I'm sharing with you both the more heavily Icelandic main album release Kajak and mini-album Ein í leyni (the latter is self-realsed). Lastly there is the newest release you might've seen elsewhere lately, Murta St. Calunga (I do believe I got it from nodata myself). What I really enjoy is the ability to follow between heart-felt folk to cheerful pop without missing a step. I really have a hard time listing similar bands for reference, but they remind me of Belle & Sebastian and The American Analog Set in mild fashions, but definitely have too much uniqueness to be shoved into a group easily.

To be had here:




Benni Hemm Hemm (2006) [320 kbps]










Ein í leyni (2007) [256 VBR kbps]










Kajak (2007) [256 VBR kbps]










Murta St. Calunga (2008) [320 kbps]

3 comments:

  1. thanks, i didn't know this,looking forward to listen to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much, such a beautiful music.
    cheers from chile!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you antartikos!

    ReplyDelete