Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Sunburns - Smell Like Fun (2012)

Detroit garage rock is more to blame than any other sort of music of getting me worked up to the point that all these years later I'm still consuming a ridiculous amount of music each week. Therefore, you might be able to imagine that I'm pretty excited to have the Sunburns send me in their garage rock right here from metro Detroit. It's unpolished, lo-fi rock and roll with all those buzzing, squawking, and pounding elements I could listen to all day long. Of course there's a healthy amount of surf rock to be heard mingling within the tracks. Perhaps because they're from about these parts I'll get to hear them play live as garage rock is best heard but to be honest I'm god awful at keeping up on live dates. Regardless, I hope they keep it up and they've got a fan in me.

To be had here:
The Sunburns - Smell Like Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment