Saturday, June 4, 2011

Party Fowl - Party Fowl CS (2006), Party Fowl 7'' (2008), & STD's 7" (2008)

Party Fowl is another relatively short-lived band that involved Ty Segall (The Traditonal Fools, Epsilons) on drums and Mikal Cronin (Moonhearts) on bass. While I might not be the best completist when it comes to discographies, I do try sometimes. Therefore I felt Party Fowl merited a post of their own like all the other bands of theirs I rave about. Party Fowl is really, really lo-fi, to the point I haven't a qualm saying no-fi. This isn't helped by the fact that I could only find it in 128 kbps. The self-titled cassette's fidelity is so minimal that it is next to impossible to even understand a word on it, but who needs words, right? The mildly more clear self-titled 7" and STD's 7" sound something like the Charlie & the Moonhearts because of the surf influence that can be heard. An interesting addition to a Segall fan's library for sure.

To be had here:





Party Fowl CS [128 kbps]















Party Fowl 7" [320 VBR kbps]












STD's 7" [320 VBR kbps]

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Can you, please, re-upload these 7''s?

    Thank You Very much

    Efstathiou Stathis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got my ass around to re-uploading these. So get after it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn, wish I didnt miss out on these :(

    ReplyDelete