Saturday, August 7, 2010

Moonhearts - Moonhearts (2010)

I've taken a fancy toward these follow-up posts. Anyhow, I recently posted the debut Charlie and the Moonhearts album. Upon looking down more information on them, I discover they've dropped the beginning of the name and opted for just Moonhearts and have just released a self-titled album on the most excellent label, Tic Tac Totally. Similiarly to the previous album, this is a loud garage punk sound, but somewhat differently the influence of surf rock is diminished. The whole thing makes for a really good solid listening, and in the middle the interlude breakdown at the opposing ends of Deathstar pts 1 and 2 were surprisingly exciting. This album snapped me into attention I will do well not to forget soon.

To be had here:
Moonhearts - Moonhearts [256 VBR kbps]

1 comment: