Sunday, March 6, 2011

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - All in Two Sixty Dancehalls (2010) & Household Goods EP (2010)

From the United Kingdom hails Orlando Higginbottom's lengthily named electronic music project, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs. Only two EP out right now, perhaps some additional stray tracks, but I have a feeling this guy might get some attention when a full-length appears. Already seems to be getting good press in the UK if that means anything. Electronic pop tunes that are somewhat dance floor orientated, but remind me of skweee and has some of the nostalgic elements of other things I've posted lately. The last track on All in Two Sixty Dancehalls titled "Dipper" reminds me of the classic electronic song "Popcorn" by Gershon Kingsley, famously covered by Hot Butter. Because I didn't know much about him I read some interviews with Higginbottom and it seems that he just wants some enjoyable music, and based on that criteria I'd say both these EPs are successful. Moreover, it seems he dresses up in dinosaur costumes for live sets, which I always think is charming.

To be had here:

















Household Goods EP [320 kbps]

1 comment: