Friday, January 28, 2011

The Dead People - Withdrawel Shirt (2010)

I haven't been on the ball about album submissions lately. However, it is hard to get into the mindset to enjoy an album just because a nice musician or label operator decided to share it with me. Luckily for The Dead People, that mood has stuck me before I forgot they asked me to write about them. I use "they" liberally as this transcript of the e-mail will explain: "me and this gypsy i know made this record a little while ago. the gypsy thinks it's tripe, but i think it's ok. noisy, stupid, pop. i like your posts, and think you might like this." Not sure at all what he meant by gypsy, but he was correct that I'd like it. In fact, he does a better job at describing it than I would've. It is weird punk/noise rock, it doesn't maintain anything throughout as far as beat and mood. Jumps about like a spider seeking prey. Even has some wonderful moaning in place of singing at points. Try as I might, a good word for it is cute. A good thing for all of you is that you can listen and judge for yourselves upon visiting the bandcamp page and download it for free should you fancy.

To be had here:
The Dead People - Withdrawel Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment