Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cloud Nothings - Cloud Nothings (2011)

Here's the full-length album by Cloud Nothings, which is a follow-up a few EPs. Cloud Nothings is the brainchild of Cleveland's Dylan Baldi as I think I mentioned in the post for the Leave You Forever EP. I am not sure if this album will over take that EP and the prior Turning On for my fondness, but it is a rather valiant release. Quite a good balance of lo-fi psych-garage and power pop that makes for a fuzzy, upbeat bunch of melodies. Baldi's coarse vocals are especially good in contrast to the cheerful mood of the music. While it isn't enthralling me wholly, it is a solid album and it very well could grow on me over time. See what you think for yourself.

To be had here:
Cloud Nothings - Cloud Nothings [256 kbps]

3 comments: