Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Magic People - You Are The Magic People (2009)

Where I got this album from is a mystery to me, so if this was on another blog or something I might just be re-sharing it. Nonetheless, it is a worthwhile release so I don't think anyone should mind. Best I can piece together about this band is that they're from Boston and they are going for an eccentric angle. They've pulled it off fairly successfully, mostly thanks to the lyrics that are closer to spoken word rants than actual singing. This could be a put off to some, yet I found myself enjoying as I continued so listen. Musically they know what they're doing as far as making post-punk/noise, seems like they must have listened to a good deal before making this band. While this is not a milestone of any sort, it is a good addition for fans of noisy-punk-psych-stuff.

To be had here:
Magic People - You Are The Magic People [256 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment