Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Leon Patriz - Overcome (2015)

So the Leon Partiz character is back and it is still goddamned weird. Maybe you recall the EP that was put out last year, Better Luck Next Fall? It was hard to describe and strangely disunited in style, yet compelling to hear nonetheless. Perhaps this lack of cohesion in sound is the formula, not the craziest thing I'd have heard nor the most foolish of notions. I mean I do own Cornish In A Turtleneck's album called A Collection Of 20 Songs About Booties, which isn't just a funny name but a wholly accurate depiction of the album's contents. To be fair, Overcome isn't that strange, however the Leon Patriz does share some musical qualities with Cornish In A Turtleneck. That is experimental pop music done with remarkable talent that is mostly undermined purposefully and beautifully weirdly.

I have often experessed my admiration for this sort of bizarre outsider pop, and some of my good friends here in Detroit have entertained me many an evening with just such music. Therefore, it will always be something I'm all about and Leon Patriz isn't just one of them but one of the better ones I've heard on the blog in the last few years.

To be had here:

No comments:

Post a Comment