Monday, July 29, 2013

Vinter - Vinter II (2010)



It was unknown to me when it was released a few years back, but this gem forwarded to me last week would have surely been on my best of that year. This Swedish band crafts some of the best haunting psych-folk I have heard. This is music that captures the sensation of dark mist rolling over snow-capped mountains. Mold clinging to the dead and the living. Ancient spirits reaching out from the hills, pulling you along with the slow moving wind. This is music made for the darkness and the loneliness felt in an unknown, distant landscape. 

This is patient, frigid music that makes the most out of the lo-fi ascetic and builds without the customary crashing peaks. This is titled “Vinter II,” and while I am unsure if there ever was a “I”, this should be a fine point in introducing yourself to the group. I only hope they have new music on the horizon.
So turn out the lights, forge a fire, and let this bring the old gods into your room. 

Get it here:

1 comment:

  1. nice blog, check mine! Is full of garage rock/punk stuff: http://baixaisso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete