Friday, March 2, 2012

Each Other - Taking Trips (2012)

Out of Montreal comes Prison Art's new release, Taking Trips by Each Other. I'm gonna be straightforward about this, I really liked this album as soon as I heard it. The jangley guitar, harmonic singing and psychedelic vibes are all done excellently. Sorta sounds like something between Ganglians, Le Loup and Spectrals. However, I can't help be think of them as sharing a mindset with Beat Happening or Half Japanese, even if their style is different. All six tracks are good, and some of them like "Freak Heat" and "Steam Scene" are particularly captivating. I must have listened to Taking Trips like four times the day I got it. So yeah, digital copies are free, cassettes for $5.

To be had here:
Each Other - Taking Trips

1 comment:

  1. This has become one of my favorites. I bought their 7" and look forward to them going on tour soon. Great find!

    ReplyDelete