Friday, January 27, 2012

Ty Segall/Charlie & The Moonhearts - 4th of July show tape (2008)

I still make a regular habit of listening to both Ty Segall and Charlie & the Moonhearts, even when customers look me me as if I'm running a nasty feedback loop through the terrible speaker at work. It is worth the horridly fucked up sound to get the intense garage rock these guys excel at. This release in particular has a warped effect, but I really must admit that makes me happier to play it. Recorded live on what I can only assume is the 4th of July in 2008, this was a show wherein both of these wonderful acts shared the bill. I wish I could have been there, for this shit showed righteous even in its remarkably lo-fi quality. Roughly eighteen minutes of garage punk delights. Finally, credit to where credit's due, I found this on iamtheleastmachiavelllian blog, which is filled with great garage rock downloads.

To be had here:
Ty Segall/Charlie & The Moonhearts - 4th of July show tape

1 comment: