Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mark Sultan - $ (2010)

Might seem like I've become a broken record by recommending that you get the music of the same handful of musicians, but I know there will be some readers on here upset if I don't share this album. Mark Sultan is, as you might suspect, BBQ of the King Khan & BBQ Show and a frequent collaborator of Khan's from previous bands and the recently posted Almighty Defenders. This is the second full-length release that Sultan has done solo (at least under this name), but the style isn't terrible distant from the stuff he's made in bands. If anything it is slowed down and subdued in tone. In fact, there is a different version of one of my favorite tracks from Invisible Girl, the upbeat "I'll Be Lovin' You" that is slower and more whimsical. I should make it clear that I got this album from the most excellently maintained Know Your Conjurer blog. It has been that most of my most recent listening has been taken from other blogs, so it might be a few days before I've gotten something I haven't seen floating around all over to share, but hold in there and maybe we'll get lucky and one of the many less active posters have something they'd like to spout off about.

To be had here:
Mark Sultan - $ [256 kbps]

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout brotha!keep up the good work as well!!!!
    -edo
    knowyourconjurer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete