Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Numbers - Now You Are This (2007)

Numbers are very useful and therefore applied to a great many things, not dissimilarly the band called Numbers has been placed in a great many genres. I've seen from noise and kraut to prog and electronic, but the best is likely post-punk. Californians by way of San Francisco, the group has evolved over their time together from a party-orientated dance outfit to the post-punkers they're today. The latest release Now You Are This is an entertaining album but I found it not a rough and loud as the previous ones, which was a bit disappointing. Definitely in the same vein, just slowed down; I believe with hopes for more well-thought out songs, but I'm unsure if that's what I wanted. Although it does seem to garnish praise for the established internet reviewers (people with titles and pay [shakes head]), and by golly do read other persons. They're trying out new things, such as the noise transition to soft singing in "Liela Mila" but as often is the case with new things the kinks are to be worked out. "Everything Is Fine" and "The Mapping Of E8" are probably my favorites off the album, with the first being more like the older Numbers I loved and the other having done some pleasing electronics of the guitars. I want to know what you think of this, and if you need I can upload some older albums.

To be had here (224 VBR):
Numbers - Now You Are This

No comments:

Post a Comment